Monday, September 12, 2011

From Daddy

I have been blessed with many adventures in life . . .

I have ridden a horse in 4 countries,
Seen the sunrise from the top of Mount Sinai,
Skydived above my own home,
Swam in the Red, Dead and Mediterranean Seas,
Been peed on by a Wild Jaguar,
Sailed on the Nile,
Sat in the Colosseum,
Climbed 3 live volcanoes on different continents,
Explored inside one of the Great Pyramids,
Stood on top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa,
Run a mile in under 5 minutes,
Overlooked Rome from the top of the Dome of St Peter's Basilica,
Learned a new language and tried two others,
Hiked into King Tut's tomb in the Valley of the Kings (he was there),
Swam with sea turtles,
White water rafted in the rainforests of Costa Rica,
Hiked to the temples in the canyons of Petra (Indiana Jones style),
Hiked 50 miles across the Saw Tooth Mountains,
Been to the Dome of the Rock,
Prayed at the Western Wall,
Seen the Constitution, Declaration of Independence and the Isaiah Scroll,
Sat in the Garden of Gethsemane,
Graduated college,
Obtained a career that I love,
And convinced a beautiful, intelligent and fun girl to marry me,

But none of these adventures compares to the excitement, novelty, cost, comedy, stress, challenge, joy and satisfaction of being a
Dad.

5 comments:

  1. They're lucky to have you too Matt. I love your little family so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Matt.
    (One day I want to hear the story about the wild jaguar!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweetest thing I ever heard! Well said, Matt!
    Best wishes from Melissa's mom

    ReplyDelete