Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Nation's Pastime

I grew up going to baseball games with my dad. I hardly ever watch baseball on television, but I will never pass up an opportunity to go the stadium and enjoy a game. I love the baseball environment: a bunch of crazy heckling fans, stadium food, and fireworks after the game. It reminds me of fun afternoons throughout my childhood and I feed off the energy of it all.

Last week I mentioned to my father that it did not feel like summer to me because I hadn't yet been to a ball game. He swiftly sought to rectify the issue and we were at the local stadium the following Monday evening for family night. It was Oliver's first baseball game and you could see the pride glowing from his Pompa. He treated us to all the joys of the game and we had fun watching the home team win. Oli was a good sport through it all and slept through the fireworks. He will be a baseball fan yet!

2 comments: